Clifton-Robinsons Hockey Club Ladies 2ND TEAM COACH
Clifton Robinsons Hockey Club is looking to appoint a coach to lead their Ladies 2nd Team for the 2021/2022 season. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work within the most successful Club in the West with twelve league teams playing on a Saturday (Three of which are in the National League) and a thriving junior section from U18 to U8.
The Ladies 2nd team is a performance squad playing in the England Hockey National League West Conference Division. The squad has a balance of youth and experience. The extended squad will also include players who train and play in the Ladies 1st team, players from the Ladies 3rd team looking to develop into 2nd team players and Juniors who are on the England Hockey Pathway (NAGS and PC level).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued success of the Ladies 2nd Squad. Maintaining their standing in the national league and the development of all the players particularly those aspiring to gain a place in the Ladies 1st team. They would be expected to work closely with the team’s management and leadership group. As well as develop excellent relationships with the 1’s and 3’s coaching teams, Head of Senior and Junior Performance and other members of the club.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Minimum UKCC EH Coach Award (Level 2) qualification and strong evidence of recent hockey knowledge updates.
- A knowledge and relevant experience in the following areas:
• tactics to deliver results
• planning sessions specific to task that maximise contact time
• coaching science and best practice
• athlete preparation and empowerment
• performance analysis
- Good leadership, organisational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to engage, consult, liaise, and influence, colleagues and athletes and show an understanding of appropriate professional relationships with athletes and staff.
- Ability to enthuse and motivate.
- Ability to give and receive effective and constructive player and team feedback.
- A current DBS disclosure and First Aid Certificate.
- Reliable and committed to a performance club ethos.
The Main duties are:
- To prepare and deliver a pre-season programme for prospective 2nd team players and select a squad from that group.
- To prepare and deliver high quality training sessions weekly during the season to the 2nd team squad to ensure their thorough physical and tactical preparation for the weekend games.
- To select a team for games at the weekend in consultation with the 1st team and 3rd team coaches.
- To lead the team’s match day preparation for friendly, cup* and league games.
- To work closely with the captain and players’ leadership group, the team manager and other coaches throughout the season.
- To help identify and develop players with potential to play for the 1st team.
- To provide regular team and player feedback including the use of video material and statistics.
- Comply with the EH Coaches code of conduct when representing Clifton Robinsons Hockey Club.
- To become familiar with and comply fully with league rules when preparing/playing league matches.
- To be an active member of the Performance Coaches Community within the Club
- Reasonable expenses will be paid – verified by Committee
- *The EH Cup Tiering means that the 2nd team are in Tier 1 with the 1st team. The 3rd team (West Prem 2) are in Tier 2. The Club decide each season whether the 2nd team enters separately or to manage resources more effectively are split to support both the 1st team and 3rd teams.
Applicants are required to send a CV and brief letter of application to Nick Sutcliffe – Clifton Robinsons HC – Ladies 2s Manager at [email protected]
Closing date: Sunday 30th May 2021