The Clifton Robbies boys made the long trip to Plymouth nursing an ever increasing injury list. Despite the missing fun bus, and yet more team members falling under the spell of the rarely spotted triple sausage and egg McMuffin meal, the boys took an early lead through Jersey’s finest export Nick Robilliard. It was just the second time in 7 games that Robbies had opened the scoring and perhaps this was the reason that some slack marking allowed Marjons an instant response with a back post tip in.

‘Friendly’ marking appeared to be the order of the day as Robilliard doubled his tally for the day after a barnstorming run from Ken ‘James Milner’ Gainsford from left back. Rumour has it Ken might have smiled after this one but those reports are unconfirmed at the time of writing. No one in blue was smiling at half time however, as Plymouth scored two quick fire goals to lead 3-2. One was a penalty corner, I think, not really sure, think I’ve willingly deleted the last ten minutes of the half from my memory.

After an ‘animated’ half time talk from coach Fraser, where he picked up from last week and displayed his extended adult vocabulary, Robbies came out for the second half a different team. D penetrations came thick and fast with the majority of play deep inside the Marjons half. However, it took until the final quarter for Robbies’ pressure to pay off. After an intense period of play in the Marjon D, Skelly, returning to his home club, found space to square for Jake Rowe to equalise for his first national league goal and secure the coveted ‘big stick moment’.

Both sides had goals disallowed in a frantic final few minutes before the final whistle signalled the end to a game which both sides will feel they could have won. In an entertaining end to the boys time in Plymouth, Nick ‘rubbish chat’ Robilliard beat Bill ‘big coat’ Springett in the first ever CRHC Heaven Crunch challenge to save himself from DoD, after votes were drawn.

Bill Springett

Alex Kirkpatrick

Probably on the physio table